At Ninut, we build thing that solve real problems. We are on a mission to build practical tools with meaningful impact in the way people interact with each other and society. We work hard and by challenging the status quo, we are confident we can improve business processes, security, and information flow in the different marketplaces we dive into.
We are driven internally by a set of core values. We live by these values and embrace them every day.
01. Change is good:Don’t settle for “good enough” or “better than the others”. Good is the #1 enemy of awesome, and we want awesome. Change is awesome; we must live to make it happen. Don’t fear change, embrace it. Challenge the status quo and the last best thing we did; we always want to do it better.
02. Be Adventurous:Try new things, make mistakes, rinse and repeat. This is the only way innovation occurs, by exploring those new frontiers, and learning from it. We encourage you to be adventurous and accept failure sometimes as the result of it. The important thing is not to fail on the same thing twice. If you are not failing often, you are probably not trying hard enough. Failure is not only expected, it is demanded.
03. Be Transparent:We value transparency a whole lot at Ninut. To have a trusted relationship with the rest of the team is paramount to our success as a team. To have transparent relationship and open dialog with our customers and partners is paramount to be successful in business as a company. Being a transparent communicator is probably the single most important quality anyone from Ninut must have.
04. Execute with Passion:Passion is a very important ingredient in our culture. You can only be happy and execute with excellence if you are passionate and proud of the work you do. Working here is not a job, is a life choice. We want everyone to feel happy, be positive and be passionate.
05. Demand Excellence:Ninut was founded on the basis of creating ideas and execute them with excellence. Ask yourself every time you deliver a feature, or a service “How I’m I taking that extra mile to make it excellent?”, “Where is the WOW effect?” As a team member, you are expected to demand excellence from yourself, and you should expect nothing short of excellent from your peers.
06. Be Humble:Be respectful to others. Listen and learn, before you talk and teach. Challenge yourself to learn and grow from the experiences of others. Also challenge yourself to educate others in a respectful way.
07. Be curious:There is no such thing as a dumb question. Ask that question, and don’t hold back. If is not clear the first time around, seek guidance and education from different people. A team member with solid understanding about our business and operations is much more efficient, and upholds our core values higher.
08. Be Explicit:We are a software engineering lab after all; that means there is a lot of software lingo and technical talks when we speak. Referring to applications, services, components or functions using “this” or “that”, lends itself to different interpretations of what “this” or “that” means. To be excellent communicators, we should all demand from ourselves and our peers to use unambiguous terminology when speaking. We have an internal ontology that we shall all respect, support and evolve when necessary.
09. Do more with less:We are a for-profit organization, and every penny counts. Seize every opportunity you see to save money in operational costs. To be awesome, we need to operate with financial excellence, so we continue to grow our family with great people and make our customers happier. Every little thing counts.
10. Don’t Repeat Yourself:We humans are great for human things, but not so great for doing repetitive tasks. You should ask yourself the second time you repeat a task, how are you going to automate that the next time around. As a hard rule, third timers are not allowed for the same task. If you find yourself needing to repeat something for the third time, you should stop and force yourself to automate the process. Don’t repeat yourself; your human skills can be put to better use.